Who doesn’t hate packing? (really, name one person) But packing your hospital bag is a must and we really advise you to do so sooner rather than later.
As you’re your aware, your due date is just an estimate, so packing early can really prevent unnecessary stress and put you at ease. We’re here to help you do that!
When the time comes, packing will be the last thing on your mind. We advise you to get this done by week 36 and then let nature do its thing. We’ve created the perfect list to help, so here it is:
- Yours and your partner’s ID.
- Pregnancy monitoring documents
- Your plans for how you’d like to experience Labor.
- Magnetic HMO membership card.
- Your bank account details (you will need to fill out social security forms in order to receive the maternity grant and maternity leave payments that you will be entitled to).
Documenting the experience:
- Camera and/or phone camera.
- Extra batteries and a charger.
- Pen and paper.
Set the mood:
- A playlist with your favourite music, to allow and create a relaxing environment.
- Laptop/iPad with movies you can watch if you have the time and feel like it.
- A good book, a magazine or a newspaper to pass the time (if need be).
- Flavoured water (because you can’t eat during labour).
- Energy snacks.
- Massage oil for your feet (because you’ll have the time).
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hairbrush, deodorant, perfume, toothbrush and toothpaste, body lotion).
- Antiseptic soap for postpartum disinfection.
- Flip flops.
- Comfortable socks.
- Comfortable clothes to change into.
- Disposable underwear
- A change of underwear.
- Tank top
- A nursing bra
- Magnesium bandages
- Wet wipes
- Breastfeeding pads
- A pretty and comfortable dress for leaving the hospital.
Ok then, get to packing! All you have left is to take it easy, calm down and remember that the best is yet to come!